Illinois Condominium And Community Association Law Firm
The Law Offices of William J. Lapelle, P.C., focuses on representing community associations located throughout the Chicago metropolitan area in a range of corporate governance issues. The firm assists condominium associations, townhome associations, homeowners’ associations and cooperatives.
Attorney William J. Lapelle has represented clients including condominiums as small as three units and as large as 600, managed by some of Chicago’s best management firms and located in the city’s finest neighborhoods.
Versatile Legal Assistance
Mr. Lapelle’s association representation practice includes:
- Drafting, negotiation and review of operational documents, including declarations, covenants and bylaws
- Installation of the original board and incorporation of an association
- Serving as advisor and counsel to the board and management as needed
- Representing community associations and their board members in various legal issues related to the Illinois Condominium Property Act and Illinois Not For Profit Corporation Act
- Preparation, review and negotiation of contracts, leases, easements and licenses
- Negotiation and drafting of association operational agreements
- Review of association declarations and bylaws for legal opinions
- Preparation and counsel on environmental and other due diligence matters
- Development of amendments to declarations and bylaws, including assistance and direction in the adoption of amendments
- Serving as an association’s registered agent, including preparation of the annual corporate report
- Assistance with association dispute resolution, including disagreements with residents, neighbors, insurance companies, developers and municipalities
- Litigation, including collection of delinquent assessments and building code matters
- Contact with board and management, including open and closed board meetings regarding referenced matters
- Preparation, review and negotiation of lender documentation
- Rule enforcement and challenges
- Representation of associations in changes local government in law enforcements
- Representation in landlord-tenant disputes, including assessment collection, forcible detainer (eviction) actions and breach of association documents and lease cases
- Managing construction disputes and providing legal updates and opinions as necessary
- Assistance with elections
- Representation in foreclosure situations
- Condominium conversion and deconversions
Providing both strategic assistance for specific issues and ongoing counsel regarding day-to-day operations, Mr. Lapelle builds long-term relationships with his clients. Having served as a condominium board president who was compelled to pursue a lawsuit against a real estate developer, he understands the issues his clients face. He uses this well-rounded perspective to help his community association clients achieve favorable, timely and cost-effective results.
Illinois Operational Contract Negotiation Lawyer
Whether your organization needs assistance with condominium conversion, homeowners’ association bylaws, collecting past due assessments or another matter, the Law Offices of William J. Lapelle, P.C. can help.